Pages

12/17/09

Cricut Machines- How Come Ya'll Never Told

Me about these? Ya'll all have one, don't you? And were keeping the secret to yourself, lol.

If you are clueless, as I was, their website is here.

I am not big into the scrapbooking, so I am a bit behind the times. However, I need to repaint the office sign. The last time, 3 or 4 years ago, I painted it by hand, transferred the letters, used two colors. It took forever. I didn't mind doing it so much, and I saved some money rather than getting a sign shop to do it.

Well, I was looking for a way to cut a stencil or cut vinyl letters for the sign. And for about the price of a sign, I could buy the machine. The cricut expressions cuts 12 inches tall and up to 24 inches wide. So that is perfect.

I can also use it for other things- it will cut shapes laid out with Illustrator for art licensing. Manufacturers can't always imagine 2-D artwork on a 3-D product. So I think it will be helpful.

So I have been playing with it for a few days, along with sure cuts a lot software that runs on my computer. The software keeps me from having to buy all the little cartridges.

Look at the name tags I made for the nieces and nephews' Christmas presents. Wrapped up with brown paper and string. The letters are sort of welded together, both the top layer and the shadow layer underneath. And then glued together.



Pretty neat, huh?

1 comment:

Preserve Jewelry Studio said...

I had no idea this machine exists and I probably spend half my life in A.C. Moore. It definitely looks like a fun machine. The price of the machine, cartridges and supplies could easily exceed $500. This is a serious hobby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails