Pages

10/20/09

M. Graham Watercolor Paint


I know a few artists are on my blog list, so I have to give a little shout out to this company- M. Graham.

Several weeks ago, I received a few tubes of their watercolor paint. From their cat Annie. Apparently, she's in charge of the studio. You've got to love that. Here's their website.
I consider a painting not to be complete without a little dog or cat hair mixed into the paint or varnish.

I've heard oil painters rave about M. Graham paints. Originally, years ago, I put my watercolor palette together with several brands- Winsor and Newton, Daniel Smith, and Holbein. Then I heard other watercolor artists mention M. Graham on some artists boards- most were in love with Napthol Red. So one day, I happen to come across M. Graham paint in an art store while traveling, and picked up a few tubes- Naphtol Red, Azo Yellow, and one other one, I think.

All paints start with a dry pigment that is ground and blended into a carrier medium. M. Graham happens to use honey in their watercolor formulation, making for smooth washes and moist paints.

If you don't happen to live near a store, you can also find their paints online. So, the next time, you happen to be looking for paint, give M. Graham a try. Quality approved by Annie. :)

If you like reading reviews on various watercolor brands, check out the handprint.com site.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails