I got tagged by Melanie at RedHeadArt.
SO here are the 'rules' that one must follow!
--List seven random facts/habits about yourself
--Choose another seven bloggers to tag and list their names in your blog
--Leave your seven tagged bloggers comments to notify them of their tagging and to direct them to your blog for tag instructions.
I admit I haven't been painting much in trying to print things for the Surtex show.
Just the facts, Maam . . . 7 things about me.
1. Last fall, I rehabilitated a squirrel that had injured his foot in a tree cutting accident. Someone brought him into the hospital. He was missing 4 toes and part of his rear foot. We bottle fed him, cared for the wound, named him Elmo. He learned to climb branches in his cage, crack sunflower seeds, eat pears. We released him a few weeks later and I was a little teary eyed watching him scamper around the tree. (There are pics of Elmo on my blog, probably back in Sept or October 06.)
2. If there is a empty horizontal surface somewhere, I will clutter it up. and leave it there. Could be laundry, junk mail, grocery shopping bags.
3. I think my favorite watercolor paint color would be Burnt Sienna. I think I have 3 versions on my palette- Daniel Smith Italian Burnt Sienna, DS Quinacridone Burnt Orange, and a Dr. Martins regular Burnt Sienna.
4. I wish my Mother had made me take piano lessons as a kid.
5. I write right handed, but throw a ball, bat, play tennis left handed.
6. My grandmother taught me how to crochet a square in 2nd grade. An older Cousin got a square, vibrant crocheted purse when we went to visit their family the summer before 3rd grade. (I am SO sorry Cous!)
7. I need to get off the computer and go vacuuum the carpet and get those grocery bags off the table.
7 people to tag. . . only 7?
this might take a bit of thought, who would be at home?
1. Mary Sparrow Smith- a fantastic people portrait artist living in North Carolina, now famous for her Westie paintings-
2. Karin Jurick- a fellow Georgia artist. I love her people and city paintings.
3. Doris Joa - watercolor artist from Germany, has the patience of a saint to be able to work on her watercolor florals, they takes days to complete.
4. Edward B Gordon from Germany also. Love his work, paintings of people in the city.
5. Brooke Medlin/ Gemmafactrix- jewelry designer selling her work on Etsy.
6.Sister Mary Martha- you can't forget Sister Mary! another Etsy seller.
7.Moontree Press- letterpress cards and invitations, available on Etsy