Pages

2/3/10

Cosmos- Watercolor on Yupo

*Yawn*
Is it Spring yet? What is that saying- April Showers bring May Flowers? What do they say about Feb. showers? Mold and Mildew?

I was searching through the WetCanvas Reference Image Library and found this pic of a White Cosmos by Stephie from England.
Pretty, isn't it?


So, I decided to paint it.



5 x 7 inches, watercolor on Yupo board.

I tried to scan it, but scanning these white flowers lose something as the light or the reflection washes out some of the midtones. So I photographed it with my digital camera and it's a little better. The original has midtones that a little darker, and a little more grey in color, along with the yellow and purple shades as well.



The values and the colors are a bit off, compared to the original photograph, but I am fine with that, as there is some pretty color bleeds there.

$95 plus $6 for shipping
Ships flat in priority mail envelope








1 comment:

mollie jones said...

Hi Andy. I saw your Ytube video posted by Vera today and loved hearing your voice. You'd fit in beautifully with my East Texas drawl for sure. Love this cosmos. Really enjoy the way you've dropped those background colors in on the white petals.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails