Pages

2/13/10

Yay! SNOW DAY. . . No School!




Oh, Snap!

Wait. . . Never mind. . . .

We might get 1 or 2 days of snow every winter. Or every other winter. Enough to play in, but gone by the next day or two. So not such a drag. No snow shovel needed. Although last year, I did have to try and hoe snow out from under truck tire to get out of the driveway.

But this time, I think we got between 4 and 6 inches. Have a gander.

Here's my front yard. And my 1972 Ranch Style House. Still complete with 1972 dark wood paneling. Painting over it is still on my "things to do before I die" list.


Across the road from my house once was a field, or a pasture. Now it's where the Elberton campus is for Athens Technical College.



The road to my house is a dead end street with only 3 house on it. So it's a bit like being both in town, but in the country, as well. The Technical campus is in the city limits.

So when I left the office yesterday a little after 6 pm, the roads were starting to get a little icy. Temperature was hovering around 32 degrees. . And when I turned onto my road, I sort of had to imagine where the road actually was, since no one had been driving on it.

This is a problem for 2 reasons. One, my pickup truck is only 2 wheel drive. And 2 the road slopes down to my house. So if I get to my driveway, I might not be able to get back out, and back up the hill, until some of this melts.



So being the genius that I am, I parked my truck at the top of the hill. It's that little snow covered blip at the top of the hill.

I was able to get out about 10 this morning. The roads weren't too bad. Here's a photo from the office. Where I am holed up presently with Daisy, the cats, coffee, and diet coke.


My little point and shoot digital camera batteries were dying when I got back to the truck at the top of the hill, but people were out sliding/ sledding beside the road going down to Athens Tech. Cute that you could hear kids laughing across the field.





Blogger seems to not be showing the short video on my browser. If it's the same for you, try this Link instead.

Where ever you are, I hope you are enjoying snow day as well.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails