Pages

2/24/10

Missy, Pebbles, and Finished the Caperneum Church


While watching and listening to the Olympics last evening, I finished the painting of the Church with the Pink Roof.

I had to go back and look at the title of the reference photo. It wasn't Greece as I had originally though. The Church is the Orthodox Church of Caperneum in Caperneum, Israel.

Here's a second reference photo that I didn't show the other day.





It's a small painting- about 6 x 7 inches. I ended up scrubbing out the bouganvillea (sp?) bush, and leaving out some of the detail towards the bottom left of the reference photo. I thought they would draw attention away from the pink roofs and the blue sky.





On the Animal front presenting-


Missy, a Golden Retriever, was in for her vaccinations today along with a tummy rub.



and Pebbles.



A little Yorkie who was in yesterday to have some lady parts extracted. She grins at you, baring her front teeth. Which looks a lot like a snarl, but minus the growl. I didn't have much luck catching it on camera unfortunately.


2 comments:

Erica Lea said...

The painting turned out lovely - that pink roof is so startling and pretty:-) Cute dogs, but I wouldn't be smiling, either, if I knew my lady parts were being extracted, lol! Pebbles looks a wee bit scared, but I know she'll actually be much happier without those parts.

Preserve Jewelry Studio said...

Very nice. I really like the pink roof. Very unusual, but nice. I bet a woman designed that church!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails